2007/08/04

The Bee on my Desk


While writing this, there is a bee sitting on the edge of my desk. I'm looking at the bee...sitting next to me. And it looks like it's looking back at me. I feel like I could trade places with it. I'd be the bee...and the bee, would be me.
I take a look at it...closing one eye...the bee is in another place. At least it looks that way! When I open my eye and close the other one...the image seems to shift again. Yet... the bee did not move and neather did I!

So in what place is it realy?
Is my left eye correct? Is my right eye correct? Are they only correct when they work together, because in that way I can percieve dept? Is my mind's interpretation of the things I see correct?

With only my two eyes...I can percieve the bee in three differtent places!

Actually in four different places! Because if I close both eyes...and picture the bee...the bee can be anywhere! And I can even be the bee...looking back at me!

So... are my eyes decieving me? Or is this bee, while sitting there...in the mean time..everywhere?

I'm I the bee...or not the bee? And how could it be me?
To be or not to be...is still the question!

No comments: